American Cancer Society

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Classmate's Blogs!



   For this week’s blog we needed to focus on two classmate’s blogs. I have been following two of my classmate’s blog for the previous posts and I wanted to try and find two new blogs which I have not read before and see what they have been focusing on this semester. I came across Lisa’s Blog, which focuses on the topic of entertainment. Lisa has been relating the world of entertainment to our discussion in class, as well as our textbook. One concept of Lisa’s blog which I found interesting was how she discussed the aspect of videotaping in regards to ethics and reality TV. Reality TV has been a phenomenon in the entertainment industry and Jersey Shore has become an obsession for many over the past two years. Lisa discusses in her blog how an incident was caught on videotape of a man punching Snooki in the face at a bar; however, even though he was caught on tape he did not give permission to MTV to air the footage. One other example which I found interesting from Lisa’s blog was how she related unobtrusive research to Lindsay Lohan’s situation. She discussed how paparazzi conducts unobtrusive research to find out the information they want to put into the media regarding Lindsay.  

 In Lisa’s most recent blog post she discussed Qualitative research and her presentation where she discussed ethnographic research methods. I found her presentation in class to be very interesting especially the part where she discussed the MTV documentary World of Jenks. I watch World of Jenks each week and I find it to be a great show to see other sides of people and how they are living their lives; it truly is a breath of fresh air from all of these reality shows like Jersey Shore.

For my second classmate, I really enjoyed reading Vanessa’s blog; PR in France. I was very interested in reading her blog because I recently studied abroad in Italy and traveled to France, so I  was very interested to see how France viewed Public Relations. My favorite post which Vanessa wrote was regarding the Louvre Focus Group.  The Louvre Focus Group is a facility where people can go to host their qualitative research in Paris. She posted the website  which I found extremely interesting, I had no idea that places like this existed! Vanessa also provided a link where you can take a virtual tour of the facility which is fascinating to see, you should really take a look! 

No comments:

Post a Comment