American Cancer Society

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Blogs Focus

For my Blog this semester I will be focusing on the influence of research within the Non-Profit organization American Cancer Society. American Cancer Society is a Non-Profit nationwide organization dedicated to eliminating cancer."Together with our millions of supporters, the American Cancer Society (ACS) saves lives and creates a world with less cancer and more birthdays by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back" (www.cancer.org). American Cancer Society celebrates, remembers and fights back against cancer through multiple events throughout the year from Relay for Life events, to Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walks. Cancer affects thousands of individuals and families across the nation each year. Everyone who has passed away in my family has been from Cancer, so ACS is truly an organization which I am passionate about.
     
This summer I worked as an intern at the American Cancer Society. The opportunity to work in the communications department at ACS allowed me to see how the organization works as a team; and they are truly and amazing organization helping others each and every day. I am looking forward to learning more about the organization as a whole, and seeing how the aspect of research helps their organization.

Over this semester, I would also like to investigate the different types of research methods the organization uses for their year to year statistics on cancer; or any other type of research needed for their organization. I have posted links on my blog if you would like to read more about American Cancer Society or ACS events such as Relay for Life, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer and even their newest addition Choose You.

No comments:

Post a Comment